Creating an email account in cPanel is a straightforward process and is one of the fundamental tasks for managing a website or hosting environment. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to create an email account in cPanel:
Steps to Create an Email Account in cPanel
1. Log in to cPanel
- Open your web browser and navigate to your cPanel login page. This is usually accessed via a URL like
- Enter your cPanel username and password to log in.
2. Access the Email Accounts Section
- Once logged in, look for the ‘Email’ section on the cPanel dashboard.
- Click on the ‘Email Accounts’ icon. This will take you to the email management area.
3. Create a New Email Account
- In the Email Accounts section, you will find an option to create a new email account.
- Click on the ‘Create’ button or a similar option to access the account creation form.
4. Fill in the Required Details
- Email: Enter the desired email address you want to create (e.g., info, contact, yourname).
- Domain: If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain for the email account from the dropdown menu.
- Password: Set a strong password for the email account. You can use the ‘Password Generator’ to create a secure password.
- Mailbox Quota: Specify the mailbox quota. This is the maximum amount of space the email account can use. You can choose ‘Unlimited’ or set a specific quota in Megabytes (MB).
5. Create the Account
- After filling in all the details, click the ‘Create’ button or similar to create the new email account.
- cPanel will create the email account and display a confirmation message.
6. Access and Manage the Email Account
- The new email account will now be listed in the Email Accounts section.
- From here, you can access webmail, configure mail client settings, change the password, set up forwarding, manage disk space, and more.
- Strong Passwords: Always use strong, unique passwords for email accounts to enhance security.
- Regular Maintenance: Periodically review your email accounts for any that are no longer in use and can be deleted to free up space.
- Webmail Access: You can access your email directly from cPanel or by navigating to
- Email Client Configuration: For setting up email in clients like Outlook or Thunderbird, use the ‘Mail Client Configuration’ tool in cPanel for the correct settings.
Creating an email account in cPanel is a simple yet essential task for any website or business. It allows you to have a professional-looking email address associated with your domain, enhancing the credibility and branding of your communications. Remember to manage your email accounts responsibly, keeping security and organization in mind.