How to get the best web hosting solution for your websiteAs a web hosting customer, there are a number of things that will be important to get the best web hosting infrastructure. FASTDOT can provide a hosting service that meets all of your needs.
|Reliability You want your web site to perform quickly without having any unwanted outages. With the web site up and running, the hosting service should then work silently in the background and not create any interruptions for your business.|
|Security Your data is a vital part of your business operations. You’ll want to know that your host provider has taken every measure to secure their hosting service and network infrastructure.|
|Value You want to be able to review and compare amongst a range of different packages to determine which level of features and support will provide you with the best hosting for your business.|
Cloud Web HostingFASTDOT has created a secure and highly fault tolerant cloud infrastructure that has been built using VMware vSphere, considered to be the industry standard in Cloud Hosting and Virtualization Platforms. As a customer of FASTDOT this means that your web site is not relying on a single piece of hardware to operate from. If a server was to have any issues then our platform is able to transfer services to another node in our cluster with ease. Some web sites can by extremely busy. If another customer was causing a lot of activity, our CloudLinux resource scheduling system would prevent your web site from being affected. Each account is isolated in its own container preventing busy web sites from undermining the performance of the server as a whole.
Our Data Centre FacilitiesWhen you choose FASTDOT you can be sure that you are getting the best in hosting infrastructure. Our services are hosted in the state of the art Equinix Data Center, located in Alexandria, Sydney. Positioned on the edge of the Sydney CBD, Equinix is one of the largest data centers in the Southern Hemisphere. This location ensures the best access to leading Internet backbone providers in Australia and overseas. The FASTDOT network infrastructure has been designed for maximum N+1 redundancy including all of our routers, switches and power generation. This means that for every piece of equipment we use we have duplicate in operation in case of the smallest chance of failure. High quality hardware from Cisco Systems, Dell, HP & Juniper Networks No single point of failure including redundant power supplies for all routers, firewalls, and switches Multiple iSCSI SAN backup servers for data storage and recovery Servers are continuously monitored 24×7
Control PanelManaging your web site hosting services should be easy. FASTDOT provides cPanel which is a fully automated, password-protected, web-based administration panel allowing you to configure your services 24 x 7. This means that you can log in from any location and establish email accounts, manage files, install popular web applications, and much more.
Why host with us?FASTDOT offers a number of cPanel hosting plans created to suit businesses at any level of growth and budget. Combining great value with outstanding infrastructure and FASTDOT web site hosting ends up being the simplest choice you will make!
DomainsLook after your portfolio of domains easily with our domain management service. Simple to add, update, manage, and transfer all your domains in one central place.
Free ApplicationsFrom WordPress, Joomla!, and Magento to over 350 free open-source applications installed in one click. Now you can focus on using apps rather than spending time on installing them.
Control PanelIt’s easy to manage your websites, domains, files, and more, all in one location with the industry-leading cPanel control panel.
Advanced CapabilitiesAdvanced capabilities such as scripting languages, log file access and web-based managers for files, databases, email, and more.
Always AvailableOur support team is always here to help. We offer email and telephone support on all of our plans.
Educational ToolsWe offer a complete knowledge-base of helpful articles and tutorials. Our instructional videos will help you set up your website and emails.
Best Web Hosting Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. How does web hosting work?Think of web hosting as renting a storefront to build an online presence. When you buy hosting, you are buying space and resources on a server, needed to build and present a website. FASTDOT’s hosting plans gives you not only the space, but also a lot of support features, tools and applications so you can have the website your business needs.
2. What tools can I use to build my website?You can use WordPress, Joomla! or any of the many website building tools offered for free with our 1-click script installer Softaculous.
3. What control panel do you offer?We are using the best web-based control panel (cPanel) for web hosting. cPanel is a one-stop-shop for creating email accounts, web statistics, managing your hosting environment, and more.
4. What kind of web hosting plan do I need?FASTDOT’s hosting plans are feature-rich. Our solutions have been crafted to offer a wide range of tools and services for beginners through to expert web developers. All you have to do is pick a plan based on the features that you want. If you change your mind, you can always contact our sales team and they will get you setup with the solution that you require. You will be able to customize your web site hosting solution with ease.
5. I just purchased a web hosting plan, what do I do now?After signing up with FASTDOT, you will receive two emails at the address you nominated on the sign up form: an Order Confirmation email and a Invoice Payment Confirmation email. Upon completion of payment processing, you will receive your cPanel Hosting Information. After receiving your set-up email, your hosting account is ready for use. Please check your junk mail or spam folder as well as your inbox. If 24 hours have passed and you have not received all of these emails, please contact us on 1300 735 272.
6. How do I transfer my site to FASTDOT?Transferring a website to FASTDOT is easy. Here are the four basic steps to do for Best Web Hosting:
- Make sure not to cancel your old web hosting account right away.
- Simply set up your email addresses on our servers.
- Upload your site’s files into your new /public_html directory. Use the server IP address to FTP into your web hosting account.
- Delegate your existing domain to our name servers.