How to create or delete an Email Autoresponder in cPanel
Creating or deleting an email autoresponder in cPanel is a useful feature for managing email communications, especially when you’re unavailable to respond immediately. An autoresponder automatically sends a pre-set message in response to incoming emails, which is particularly useful for vacation notices, confirmatory emails, or for customer service purposes.
Creating an Email Autoresponder in cPanel
1. Log into cPanel
- Access your cPanel by visiting
yourdomain.comwith your actual domain name).
- Enter your username and password to log in.
2. Access the Autoresponders Section
- Once logged in, locate the ‘Email’ section and click on the ‘Autoresponders’ icon. This will take you to the autoresponders management area.
3. Add a New Autoresponder
- Click on the ‘Add Autoresponder’ button.
- You will be directed to a form to set up your new autoresponder.
4. Configure the Autoresponder Settings
- Character Set: Usually, this is set to
- Interval: Set the time interval between responses to the same email address.
- Email: Enter the email address you want to set the autoresponder for.
- From: Enter the name that the auto-response will be from.
- Subject: Write the subject line for your autoresponder email.
- HTML or Plain Text: Choose whether your email will be sent as HTML or plain text.
- Body: Write the message that will be sent as your autoresponse.
- Start and Stop: Set when the autoresponder should start and stop. You can choose to start it immediately and never stop, or set specific dates.
5. Create/Save the Autoresponder
- Once you have configured the settings, click on the ‘Create/Modify’ button to activate your autoresponder.
Get Started with WordPress Hosting Today
WordPress can be installed instantly and for free using our 1-Click script installer:
Deleting an Email Autoresponder in cPanel
1. Access the Autoresponders Section
- Follow the same steps to log into cPanel and access the ‘Autoresponders’ section.
2. Locate the Autoresponder
- Find the autoresponder you wish to delete in the list of existing autoresponders.
3. Delete the Autoresponder
- Click on the ‘Delete’ link next to the autoresponder you want to remove.
- A confirmation prompt will appear. Confirm that you want to delete the autoresponder.
4. Confirm Deletion
- After confirming, the autoresponder will be deleted.
- Testing: After setting up an autoresponder, it’s a good idea to send a test email to ensure it’s working as expected.
- Clear Communication: Make sure your autoresponse message is clear and provides the necessary information or instructions.
- Update Regularly: If you have set specific dates for the autoresponder, remember to update or remove it when it’s no longer needed.
Autoresponders in cPanel are a great way to manage email communications efficiently. They are easy to set up and can be tailored to fit your specific needs, whether for business out-of-office notifications, customer service messages, or other automated replies. Remember to manage your autoresponders effectively, keeping them up-to-date and relevant to your current status or needs.