This tutorial assumes you already have FTP Voyager and have it running on your computer, but not connected to another server.
Now let’s learn how to upload or transfer files from our computer to a remote server.
1) Click the Connect icon.
2) Select the site we want to connect to, then click Connect.
That’s it! We’ve successfully established an FTP connection with Demo345.com, and now have two windows open…. our local computer files are displayed here in the left window, and our remote server files in Demo345.com are displayed in the window here on the right.
3) Let’s navigate to the public_html folder. It is in here that we want to upload some files.
4) Select the files we want to upload here in our local computer window. Hold down the CTRL key to select multiple files for uploading.
5) When ready, click the Upload icon here to start transferring the files to our remote server.
That’s it! We’ve successfully uploaded the selected files to the remote server, and they are now also displayed here in the remote server window.
To demonstrate how to download files, we’ll first remove a file from our local computer…..
6) Right-click the favorite.htm file, then click delete.
7) Now let’s download the favorite.htm file from the remote server to our local computer.
There it is!
8) To close the connection to the remote server, click the disconnect icon here.
This is the end of the tutorial. You should now know how to establish an FTP connection with FTP Voyager, and upload or transfer files to/from your local computer.