Joomla is one of the world’ s most popular open source CMS (content management system). With millions of websites running on Joomla Web Hosting solutions
The Joomla software is used by individuals, small & medium-sized businesses, and large organizations worldwide to easily create & build a variety of websites & web-enabled applications. Fastdot Hosting supports Joomla Web Hosting on all our shared Hosting solutions.
With Joomla Web Hosting from Fastdot Hosting, you can rest easy that not only are you using the leading content management system to create and manage your website, but that you are also using the industry leader in Joomla! hosting.
Fastdot supports all the Joomla! hosting requirements:
- Apache Web Server
- PHP 5.3+
- MySQL 5+
Joomla is easy to install with Installatron, our 1-Click Script Installer.
In addition to our tutorials the Joomla! website and community forums contain a wealth of information and users sharing knowledge and support for everything from the most basic to more advanced needs.
The Joomla web hosting system contains many different parts, and allows for modular extensions and integrations to be made easily. An example of such are extensions called “Plugins” (Also known as “Mambots” in the Joomla! world). Plugins are background extensions which extend the functionality of Joomla!. The WikiBot plugin, for example, allows the author of Joomla! content to use “Wikitags” in their Joomla! articles which will auto-create dynamic hyperlinks to relevant Wikipedia articles when displayed. There are currently over 4,000 extensions for Joomla! available via the Extensions Directory.
In addition to Joomla Plugins, more comprehensive extensions are available. “Joomla Components” allow webmasters to perform such tasks as build a community by expanding user features, backup of a website, translate content and create URLs which are search engine optimized. “Joomla Modules” perform such tasks as displaying a calendar or allowing custom code like Google AdSense etc., to be easily inserted within the base Joomla! code.
Introducing Joomla 3.0
Joomla 3 is a whole new exciting world. Joomla took a little from the top, bottom, and side to create a whole brand new look and feel, along with many features under the hood features that bring Joomla to the forefront of the content management system world:
- Extensive work on code style standardisation and consistency
- Incorporation of Bootstrap into a jui media package.
- A new responsive administrator template Isis and interface.
- A new frontend template Protostar built using Bootstrap and updated accessible template called Beez3
- PostgreSQL Driver. You will be able to run Joomla 3 sites using the PostgreSQL database.
- PHP Memcached Driver
Now Mobile Friendly / Responsive
Joomla! takes a big leap into the mobile space with a total overhaul of both its frontend design and administrator interface. With the adoption of the Bootstrap framework, Joomla! has become the first major CMS to be mobile ready in both the visitors and administrator areas. Now every website can have mobile friendly content for visitors and mobile friendly tools for administrators.
Infinite Joomla Possibilities
1. Dreaming of building a website you can edit yourself? Want an easier solution to rapidly deploy client sites? Looking for an intranet that will empower your employees. Look no further.
2. Joomla Web Hosting gives you the tools and power to build standard sites, directories, intranets, social networks, shopping carts, and so much more.
Get Started with Joomla Web Hosting
- Secure Joomla Hosting with CloudLinux and Mod Security
- 100% Compatible with the Latest Joomla (3.0)
- Easy to Install with Installatron, our 1-click Script Installer
Joomla is easy to deploy with Installatron, our 1-Click Script Installer: