MediaWiki is a free software open source wiki package written in PHP, originally for use on Wikipedia. This means you can run a full-scale, feature-rich Wiki on your Fastdot Web Hosting, at no extra cost.
100% Compatible MediaWiki Hosting
Fastdot offers 100% compatible MediaWiki Hosting with free installation via Installatron:
- PHP 5.3.2 +
- Perl Compatible Regular Expressions (v4.0+), Session, Standard PHP Library
- Apache 2+
- MySQL 5+
- GD & Sendmail Support
MediaWiki Hosting Features
- Look and feel: MediaWiki’s user interface is customizable through the use of skins.
- Keeping track of edits: With MediaWiki, it’s easy to revert an entry to a previous state. MediaWiki keeps track of all edits.
- Structures and syntax: A full set of commands are supported which enable elements such as sortable tables to be embedded into entries.
- Spam and vandalism: Prevent link spamming, and other forms of abusive editing.
- Discussions: Each user (including every anonymous user) and every article has an associated page where messages can be posted.
- Permissions and user groups: Multiple user groups and editing permissions for each are supported.
- Search: Full search capabilities and numerous special report pages are available.
- Multimedia and extensions: Multimedia files can be uploaded and attached to wiki entries.
Get Started with MediaWiki Hosting Today
MediaWiki can be installed instantly and for free using Installatron, our 1-Click script installer: